Tuesday 26 July 2016

Wise Woman


After a somewhat pleasant talk with my mother on a long distance call,( that still exists btw) I literally got stamped as a 'wise woman'. Trust me, at times it is impossible to convince your mother that you understand the ways of the world. 


I am a 40 year old woman, with a teenager and a soon to be a teenager as my children,  a wise 44 year old husband, who btw I get along extremely well with, a teacher's degree which is treating me fairly well I must say and a whole bunch of friends, and by that I mean a handfull of sincere friends I can truly trust. I have this one habit of thinking, reflecting and finding a bit of knowledge, a bit of humour and a bit of irony in things around me. I am an observer, on trains, on streets, at social gatherings, at home and even at unconventional places like cinema halls! sometimes I make it too obvious through by weird stares, women in general can even misinterpret that I am hitting on them, men on the other hand hopefully enjoy it and my acquaintaces usually give me a somewhat uncomfortable smile to break the weirdness of the situation. But I cannot stop observing. Come on! Just look around you, people, places, situations, relationships, the known, the unknown, the predictable, the unpredictable... there is so much to it.


Yes, I am an observer and now finally I decided to share my everyday with you. During the 'wise woman' conversation with my mother I suggested that she should write her experiences of life and leave it for me and my sister so we could benefit from them. I am still a person who learns best from failures and personal  experiences and therefore I think life is a school. Have you ever had a feeling when the bell of 'yes, they told me so' rang so loud that it was almost painful! (...The college friend my mom hated, and when she stole the last bucks from my purse not once but thrice! )


Through this blog I am hoping not only to bestow my newly stamped wisdom on you, but also to make you laugh a bit, make you think and make you look at things from some perspective, maybe not yours, but some perspective. I would love to share my everyday joys, a successful recipe, a failed attempt to use my sewing machine trying to create something that looked so simple on the catalogue, my general frustrations over petty things like the over pedagogic mom on the bus or my perfect workout that forced me to have an ice crean sundae! 


Life is a school, and I am not saying that you need to put the learning hat on at all times, but my advice is to keep some senses open, listen to all, do what you want. Have an open frame of mind and don't think that you know it all, it is a lot of fun to be able to think differently. Life is also a playground in the school, where one takes a break and plays around a bit, takes the little risks and gives one energy to go back to the student's bench and at least try to learn. 

much love!


4 comments:

  1. Way to go girl! So many things to relate to and while reading it felt as if you are narrating it live! Keep writing, will wait for your next post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hope you will like the next one. Have a great day.

      Delete
  2. What a writer you are! Loved it! Looking forward to more stories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thanks Inger! Hope you will enjoy the next one:)

      Delete